Disclosure: Participants must be 21 or older. The Hop Haus Beer Run is not encouraging irresponsible or dangerous behavior. Don't attempt the beer mile if you have not properly trained or are not fit for it. And most importantly, don't be an idiot. Please be responsible and arrange for transportation, do not drink and drive.
- Each competitor drinks four cans of beer and runs four laps (start - beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap, then beer, then lap - finish). All competitors will have up to 27 minutes to complete their beer mile. Failure to complete within 27 minutes will result in a disqualification.
- Beer must be consumed before the lap is begun and within the transition area. No beer is allowed outside of transition or on the course at any time.
- Beer will be provided. You may NOT supply your own beer.
- Beer cans must not be tampered with in an manner, i.e. no shotgunning or puncturing of the can except for opening the can by the tab at the top. No straws or other aids are allowed in order to aid in the speed of pouring.
- Each beer can must not be opened until the competitor enters the transition zone on each lap.
- Upon completion of each beer, the participant must turn can upside down and hold over their head before beginning the next lap.
- Competitors who have a reversal (vomit) before they finish the race must complete one penalty lap at the end of the race (immediately after the completion of their 4th lap). Note: vomiting more than once during the race still requires only one penalty lap at the end.
- Participants who do not complete the beer mile will be disqualified.